Photoshop Homework #2

 

 

“You are looking for a moment when you are as close to the soul as possible. That’s what great design is. ”  “If I can harness the experience of what happened to me, I now know what it means to hurt.  That is a door to something that you never had before, and that is empathy.”
- Platon


 

 

In 2007,  Platon accepted a commission to capture an image of Vladimir Putin, the president of Russia.

I enjoy the vivid, courageous, and bold vision he captures in his photographs. I like how he focuses more on what he discovers about the subject throughout the shoot rather than the actual image and whether it will turn out nicely or horribly. 

That fascinates me. I think more about what i am going to learn with this experience and how i can improve in the next shoot. I took digital photography last year and learned a lot for my passion for photography. I like how every person has their own reaction and feeling towards certain images.  It's crucial to witness someone who is so vulnerable through the camera.

 Because of the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, I chose this picture. Although I'm Russian, his character hurts my heart because of what's occurred to Ukraine recently. The president's serious demeanor is conveyed by the dramatic setting around him and the restrained color scheme that suits his suit and tie. I wasn't sure whether i like the first picture more or the second. He is seated in a leather chair in the second photograph, which really captures his austere demeanor. The emotion in his eyes, though, is far more apparent in the first picture and makes him appear vulnerable despite his facial expressions.



A photo of me captured on the beach in St. Pete; called secret garden. I chose this specific photo as it was during a time period that i long for still. Losing and gaining friendships, meeting new people. It was a whole journey and a half. I like how i am framed asymmetrically in this photograph and the wind blowing through my hair adding more movement within the image. I like the contrast in the beackgroun dof the white sand and then blue sky. 

I associate this image with a lot of memories. The beach is one place where i choose to escape for sometime.



Comments

Popular Posts